I didn't like Kabir Singh

There is something really wrong with my breech. I can't sit for very long. This is the reason I opted for a part time and the biggest reason why I avoid going for movies. This does not at all mean I don't like watching movies. Infact you just confer about a film or simply appreciate any movie and I make sure to take time out and watch it. Just as Kabir Singh showed on all my colleagues zoomed to the theatres to watch it excepting me due to the good excuse of course. Next day was solely dedicated to Shahid. It was like overnight he'd become a youth icon. Not that this was the first time he has performed well or this was totally a fresh concept as we all know that the movie was a remake of Arjun Reddy. As far as I am concerned I have always admired Shahid and even his recent  Batti Gul Meter Chalu was quite good. Infact I was wondering why did it didn't do great on the box office despite of his mind blowing performance. So now the man seems to have certainly flagged in again. And the music is a quench for soul. Now I was just waiting for my turn. Meanwhile I was planning it out for next Sunday I got to know that it is obligatory to carry your ID cards to watch the movie. Hmmm adult movie. But nowadays almost all movies are of that kind only so what was unique with this one. Fine my aadhar card clearly states I am above 18.
          Its been months to it. I really wanted to write about this. Also because I did not agree with my colleagues perhaps because that's the way I am. I don't like to just to simply accord with the crowd. I have my personal opinion and am even gifted to express them and certainly lucky to be in a country where I have the right to have and express my opinion. I didn't like Kabir Singh. No offence Mr Kapoor, you definitely were, are and will remain a wonderful actor. But what was the significance of the movie. I know there are many in line without a meaning or message merely aiming entertainment. There are numerous love stories with happy, sad endings and innumerable competing with the Hollywood ones in terms of intimate love making scenes.
      A youngster falling in love with a girl, getting possessively crazy about her. But what went wrong then. If the girl's father was against it that was a completely natural thing considering the aggressive behaviour of the boy. I mean which father on this earth would prefer giving away her beloved daughter to a violent misbehaved boy who behaves in the same manner with his father, elder brother and with the whole family. And even if there's a reason to it there is a civilized way to sit and talk over it. How are hard drinks a better idea to sort the issue. You reach home on the occasion of your brother's marriage, create a scene, over drink at the time when the girl needed you the most
and become unconscious for a long duration. Suddenly rise up to realize that the girl is now married obviously about which she had warned you but you were not in your senses to convince the girl's father or gracefully plan an escape. And now you are running and yelling Preeti on the top of your voices.
          You lost her because of your stupid crazy attitude. To further destroy your life you immerse yourself deep down in whisky complementing it with two cigarettes at a time collapsing down every now and then. You even don't give it a second thought about keeping your wonderful career at stake and guess what. YOU ARE A HIT. You are a hit despite of your atrocious behaviour. You were blessed with a perfect family- a rich father, loving mother, receptive grandmother and a very caring brother but you didn't realize the worth.
       And yes, considering your deep emotions for your love, you were expected to hem in yourself from getting into any such relationship again, as they say one woe is enough. But you exhibited a completely weird idea of sleeping with every other woman. Wow what a love when you name your pet dog as that of your girl and boast about still loving her when you actually don't even respect her and consider her responsible for all the mishaps of your life. At least you were lucky to have a happy ending.
       I am not against the actor, neither would my opinion affect the preferences of people around me nor would movies like these be stopped from release because this is what people are liking to watch but then be prepared if you witness tantamount of Kabir Singh around you. Despite of being a part of this era I refuse to accept such a negative display of dramas nor can I felicitate the actor for his outstanding performance.

Comments

  1. “ I am not addicted to beer… It’s addicted to me.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, movie was full of unruly behavior, but anyways, the songs were good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Look Balletic Stay Balletic

What's up Indore